BAE Systems is currently seeking a HR Business Partner Principle in support of functional groups in the Intelligence & Security Sector to provide support in the development, coordination and execution of HR program and processes.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP)serves as consultant/partner to both the senior leaders and management teams for assigned business groups and Sector and Corporate entities on Human Resources related matters, with the goal of aligning best HR practices to business strategies. The HRBP will collaborate with Shared Services/Center of Excellence Departments to deliver solutions that address assigned area(s) needs. He/She will also collaborate with the other HRBPs on HR projects and initiatives as required.
The functions listed below describe the business purpose of the job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity. The HRBP will:
- Work with clients to plan, organize, direct, implement and evaluate the assigned areas HR needs.
- Work closely with senior leaders/managers to provide expertise and hands on support in multiple areas including: workforce planning, on boarding, employee retention, employee relations, management coaching, performance management and change management.
- Manage, recommend and implement remedies on mid-level to complex employee relations issues working closely with the Manager and legal as appropriate.
- Conduct thorough and objective investigations as needed, assess risk and determines appropriate course of action, working closely with the Manager and legal as appropriate.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees and HR compliance.
- Pro-actively identify and assess potential legal risks and act to ensure compliance. Partner with Legal and Ethics Departments as needed.
- Provide performance management guidance to line management for coaching, counseling, career development, and disciplinary actions.
- Act as point-of-contact for guidance on compensation actions, including individual promotions, equity adjustments and related actions. Identify business case for position or job group compensation changes, and incentive compensation changes.
- Act as resource to employees when needed providing guidance on and interpreting company policy as well as assuring that employee perspectives are heard and considered.
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
- Track and analyze metrics on employee actions, terminations, and voluntary attrition to recommend actions as needed.
- Engage with Shared Services/COEs teams (Compensation, Benefits, Global Mobility, Talent Acquisition, Payroll and Compliance) to execute business strategies through tactical operations.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 8 years of HR Business Partner experience.
- Demonstrated experience in providing hands-on HR support for a dispersed employee population.
- Candidates must demonstrate an ability to exercise tact and diplomacy and the ability to communicate persuasively.
- The successful candidate must be comfortable working with all levels of employees including vice presidents, communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, and possess a sense of urgency to close on actions.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Master’s Degree
- Defense Industry experience
- Strong business acumen
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security:
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.