Sensor Solutions Business Development
The BD manager position will be part of the BAE Systems Sensor Solutions group. This key leadership position will help drive the growth of high performance CMOS sensors and Thermal Imaging products across the world. The manager will develop winning sales strategies, manage sales staff and own the revenue. The position will require intense curiosity about addressable markets and relentless focus on closing new design wins while making sure operational needs of existing customers are managed.
In this role, the BD Manager will be responsible for managing the sales staff for sensor solutions and increasing growth for the CMOS image sensors and Thermal Image solutions.
- Manage sales team and help develop strategies to expand market share for Fairchild Imaging products.
- Close design wins and help manage their execution for closure.
- Develop plans for maintaining current design wins and their revenue and find adjacent opportunities for growth.
- Work with sales staff to orchestrate executive level relationships and interactions at key accounts.
- Manage on-time revenue forecasts and opportunity pipelines and clearly articulate what it takes to close opportunities.
- Work with operations to ensure on-time delivery of products in backlog.
Location: San Jose, CA office
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education:
- 10+ years of sales management experience in the semiconductor industry with a strong track record of revenue generation.
- Experience selling CMOS image sensors and Thermal imaging products is preferred, but not required.
- Previous experience in an account management role, proven track record of developing accounts, and demonstrated ability to close design wins.
- Proven ability to manage a diverse sales staff with the ability to articulate corporate goals to individual sales goals.
- Own group revenue, manage demand and booking forecasting, and manage opportunity pipelines.
- Good technical skills to understand the complexities of imaging solutions and demonstrated ability to create and sell product and technology value propositions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to prioritize, escalate and drive customer issues to resolution.
- Proven experience to create business models and to perform ROI analysis for investments for design win closures.
- Proven ability to drive and close contract negotiations.
- Ability to participate in industry events to drive awareness and adoption of products.
- Good XL skills.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Master's Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in engineering.
- Experience selling CMOS image sensors and Thermal imaging products.
- Market knowledge of high-end surveillance, Machine vision, and professional video and automotive industries is a significant advantage.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems:
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression