Join a team of talent professionals who work together to make a lasting impact on the development and careers of others in our organization. BAE Systems is looking for an Executive Talent Development Manager who has demonstrated experience in identifying, assessing and developing high potentials and a proven ability in performance management, succession planning and conducting talent reviews.
This role offers a flexible 9/80 work schedule with every other Friday off, an end-of-year week long paid shutdown and a 6% match, with immediate vesting, on 401(k) contributions.
The Executive Talent Development Manager role, based in Arlington, VA, and reporting to the VP, Talent Solutions Center of Expertise will focus on US headquarters leaders and functions, but will support all US-based businesses as required. In addition, this role will be responsible for managing our Talent Solutions Specialist and the Manager, Performance Management. Specific responsibilities include:
- Serving as a knowledgeable and strategic advisor/partner to the VP, Talent Solutions, HR leadership, and with peers in the business to identify and develop key talent in the organization to grow the business, build current and future capability, and achieve long-term business success.
- Directing the work of the Talent Management Specialist and for strategizing, organizing and coordinating all aspects of Talent Management for the assigned customer group, including implementation of key processes supporting succession planning and talent reviews, talent committees, employee retention, high potential assessment and development, and for providing solutions to close capability gaps.
- Directing the work of the Manager, Performance Management to ensure that the appropriate performance management education, processes, continuous improvement efforts, and systems are in place to support the annual performance review process for the company.
- Managing all aspects of the BAE Systems Human Resources Leadership Development Program (HRLDP) to include managing rotation assignments, coordinating performance reviews, providing coaching, and supporting final placements for employees upon graduation from the program.
Expected travel – 15%
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education:
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate has a bachelor’s degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience, with at least 10 years of that experience working in HR and 3-5 years of Talent Management experience. Additionally, he/she:
- Knows the “mechanics” of succession planning, leadership assessments, career pathing, and performance management processes
- Has demonstrated capability in developing high potential employees to include coaching, creating actionable development plans, and recommending appropriate development experiences
- Is skilled at leading, managing and facilitating talent review and succession planning discussions
- Has demonstrated ability to create and deliver effective executive level presentations
- Has experience communicating the integrated talent story through the effective use of data in formal and informal presentations
The ideal candidate also possesses these skills/competencies:
- Exhibits leadership presence and maintains a professional demeanor if/when ideas and recommendations are met with resistance
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with a broad group of stakeholders to foster trust and influence key decisions
- Is collaborative and a team player, but also able to work with a high degree of independence
- Is a creative problem solver and formulates recommendations using data to clearly demonstrate the value of a solution
- Is resulted oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects and deliver results even when under pressure
- Can be objective and direct when necessary, yet remain diplomatic
- Has excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Stays current with talent management strategy, trends and best practices
- Operates with a high degree of integrity in dealing with sensitive information
About BAE Systems, Inc.:
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression