The highly experienced Executive Assistant will support the Vice Presidents within the Government Relations Department and other limited staff. The EA will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of Vice Presidents’ and other delegated staff’s schedules. The EA must be professional, innovative, self-motivated and able to juggle multiple tasks in this fast-paced environment. The position will require the ability to use a high degree of tact and diplomacy in handling matters of that are critical or confidential in nature.
Additional responsibilities and opportunities exist to lead and support critical projects within the Government Relations Department.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Support the Vice Presidents of Government Relations and limited staff as the administrative focal point.
2. Maintain the VPs’ calendars, arrange meetings and appointments. Maintain and track meeting action items through completion.
3. Manage communications with senior level internal and external customers. Maintain a variety of soft and hard copy records/files that involve company proprietary data that if revealed would be detrimental to the company’s interests.
4. Coordinate, facilitate, and provide support for various conferences, meetings and events with a high degree of tact and diplomacy. Manage Telecon and Webex connections and coordinate Telepresence meetings. Handle the catering for meetings and events. Coordinate highly visible meetings and support International guests during these meetings.
5. Maintain office supplies that are essential for successful operation for the Government Relations organization. Perform general administrative duties including but not limited to: typing, copying, collating, stapling, preparing packages for delivery, filing, record-keeping, and data entry.
6. Lead and assist with critical projects as a member of the leadership team. Create PowerPoint presentations with embedded Excel for business meetings and others documents as required. Support metrics analysis, web maintenance and SharePoint coordination.
7. Coordinate extensive travel for the VPs and designated staff through the travel coordinator. Manage travel arrangements, expense reporting, and procurement card reconciliation.
8. Manage all aspects of receiving, and screening all forms of communication as required.
9. Other duties as requested.
Required Skills and Education:
High School diploma or equivalent
7 years of related experience. Bachelor's degree may replace the experience requirement. Advanced level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. General knowledge of computer hardware and office equipment.
Preferred Skills and Education:
Administrative/business school or Associates degree. Certified professional secretary or certified administrative professional. Formal training in Microsoft Office Suite to include Outlook.
10 plus years of related experience.
About BAE Systems, Inc.:
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression