The Director of Engineering -CMOS Image Sensors reports to the Product Line Director (General Manager) and works closely with other functional leaders in the company.
· Responsible for project execution for multiple simultaneous image sensor product development programs, involving analog, digital, process, layout and verification engineering
· Expected to provide both technical and management leadership
· Lead decision making on technology, architecture, tools, methodology, schedules, budgets, resource allocation and problem solving strategy.
· In collaboration with marketing, ensure that products are fully and correctly defined and documented.
· Remain abreast of technology development trends to help guide business strategy and roadmap.
· Work proactively and effectively in a fast-paced, complex and dynamic environment, provide process improvement recommendations and increase operational efficiencies by using technology and innovation.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education:
-Significant experience leading VLSI chip development and methodology.
-Significant experience with analog design is strongly preferred.
-Deep experience with CMOS image sensor development is desired.
-Experience as engineering interface to finance, marketing and sales, for collaboration in product definition, business case development, and program management.
-Ability and interest to play an active role with customers, in collaboration with sales and marketing, to discover market opportunities through ensuring successful product adoption by customers.
-Strong project management and operations skills are required. This includes problem solving skills, and a demonstrated ability to make critical decisions in a timely fashion.
-Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact across the organization, partnering with business and technology areas regarding operational and strategic issues, and developing team skills and competencies that result in creating a high performance environment.
-Strong results oriented track record with proven ability to mobilize and energize cross-functional teams to implement creative out of the box solutions.
-Experience building cross functional multi-site teams.
Preferred Skills and Education:
BSEE required; MSEE preferred.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems:
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression