Software Engineer - Big Data
Responsible for carrying out engineering tasks to deliver a clustered computing environment. Design and build large-scale data analytics platform, using the specified open source, COTS and GOTS technologies. Establish a system that produces manageable, actionable intelligence from massive streams of a structured and semi-structured data. This is a broad engineering role, which encompasses building of the core frameworks and platforms to deal with the complexities of ingesting, storing, and manipulating masses of data in real-time.
* Engineer, design, deliver, and document a distributed computing solution to process Big Data, using open source frameworks
* Engineer, design, deliver distributed solutions with NoSQL frameworks
* Transition Structured Query Language (SQL) and file system application data * Analytics that discover and transform data from social networks
* Engineer and deploy data-driven analytics and event driven analytics through rules engines
* Document ontologies, data models, schemas, formats, data element dictionaries, software application program interfaces, and other technical specifications
* Engineer analytics within a heterogeneous data environment
* Optimize data security access models to comply with security and audit policies
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software.
People are the greatest asset in any Company ...
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
We are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.
Join us ...
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require an accommodation to navigate our careers site or apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email.
• To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-855-541-4654
• To request an accommodation by email, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please note: the dedicated email and telephonic options listed above are only for job seekers with disabilities requesting an accommodation. Please do not use the dedicated phone line or email box to check on the status of your job application.
If you do not find a position that matches your experience, please fill out our Job Agent profile. If we post a position that matches your skills you will be notified immediately via e-mail.
For quick and convenient job searches, access to our career site and other vital content, you need our jobs widget. It's yours for the taking.