CHIEF ENGINEER -COMBAT SYSTEM
The Combat/Weapons Chief Engineer will be a key member of the M&DS team who will be responsible for advancing our strategy in the Combat/Weapons systems arena. They will work with Combat/Weapons System Business Development and Program teams to set and drive technical goals, support the development of product technical roadmaps, and meet technical and business objectives. The successful candidate will oversee the design, development, certification and acceptance testing and sustainment of an enterprise portfolio of complex applications within the business unit, ensuring that outputs support the business portfolio, the delivery of results and growth in a challenging market. They will be able to operate at all levels within the Customer community, internally and with our business partners to effectively communicate and promote our solutions.
The Combat/Weapons System Chief Engineer shall be highly knowledgeable of current engineering theories and practices inclusive of contemporary practice for controlling gun systems, launching systems, missile systems and integrated weapon system operation. They will have a solid understanding of Software, Fire Control, and Weapon Control methodologies in order to plan product development strategies for integrated weapon system projects.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Researches and identifies the application, performance and functional requirements for products within the assigned scope of responsibility to assure appropriateness for their intended use.
2. Conceptualizes, plans, schedules, performs, and/or reviews the design, and performs other technical activities required to develop products and markets. Prepares and presents information required to effectively communicate project progress and results.
3. Thoroughly understands this field of expertise and is capable of innovative technical problem solving while working alone and/or in a team environment.
4. Provides leadership to encourage and direct others in anticipating, analyzing, and solving complex problems. Mentors others in broadening technical capabilities.
5. Establish and implement project strategies, detailed plans, schedules, and budgets.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense, aerospace and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Support Solutions (S2) sector provides a wide range of products and services, including engineering, systems integration, ship repair, and readiness & sustainment for military and commercial customers throughout the product life cycle, anywhere around the world. This sector is headquartered in Washington, D.C. Core capabilities include:
• Expertise as a leading provider of non-nuclear ship repair and overhaul services
• Sustainment services to extend the viability of existing land and maritime platforms at home and in theater, while modernizing to meet evolving threats
• Experienced partner providing seamless, onsite management of military and government customer operations
• High-volume producer of protective and load-carrying gear for military personnel
People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled We are an EEO/affirmative action employer that understands the value of diversity.
Search Jobs |
Sign In |
Job Agent |
View Job Cart
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
We are an EEO/affirmative action employer that understands the value of diversity.
Search Jobs |
Sign In |
Job Agent |
View Job Cart
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require an accommodation to navigate our careers site or apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email.
• To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-855-541-4654
• To request an accommodation by email, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Please note: the dedicated email and telephonic options listed above are only for job seekers with disabilities requesting an accommodation. Please do not use the dedicated phone line or email box to check on the status of your job application.
If you do not find a position that matches your experience, please fill out our Job Agent profile. If we post a position that matches your skills you will be notified immediately via e-mail.
For quick and convenient job searches, access to our career site and other vital content, you need our jobs widget. It's yours for the taking.