Temporary Material Handler Line Driver
We are seeking a detailed oriented and highly motivated individual to fill the role of Temporary Production Operator. Job responsibilities include but are not limited to, monitoring equipment in operation buildings, weighing and sampling material, shoveling blend material, the use of respirator, packaging, drying and the transportation of material. Operators assigned to Materials Handling must have experience in tractor trailer/tanker operations. Drivers are required to safely operate equipment while delivering products within a confined and congested manufacturing area. An average of thirty deliveries per shift must be completed on time and in accordance with all procedures.
Physical Demands include: Working regularly with lightweight to average weight material. Handles up to sixty (60) pounds.
Mental and/or Visual Demands: Frequent mental and visual attention, where the flow of work is intermittent or the operation involves waiting for a machine or process to complete and cycle, process checking.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Somewhat disagreeable working conditions. The Holston Army Ammunition Plant is a Tobacco Free Facility.
HAZARDS: Opportunity for explosion(s), opportunity for overexposure to solvents, and opportunity for bodily injury due to intense physical activity, opportunity for injury due to equipment malfunction. Safety devices, training, or rules address the “hazards” listed.
Ability to work a 24 hour operation, rotating shift schedule.
Able to use a computer and have proficient computer skills.
Able to enter data into a computer database.
Good understanding of basic arithmetic.
Must have a current and valid commercial driver’s license with HAZMAT endorsement.
Ability to operate a forklift.
Ability to maneuver trailers/tankers in confined areas.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense, aerospace and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Support Solutions (S2) sector provides a wide range of products and services, including engineering, systems integration, ship repair, and readiness & sustainment for military and commercial customers throughout the product life cycle, anywhere around the world. This sector is headquartered in Washington, D.C. Core capabilities include:
• Expertise as a leading provider of non-nuclear ship repair and overhaul services
• Sustainment services to extend the viability of existing land and maritime platforms at home and in theater, while modernizing to meet evolving threats
• Experienced partner providing seamless, onsite management of military and government customer operations
• High-volume producer of protective and load-carrying gear for military personnel
People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require an accommodation to navigate our careers site or apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email.
• To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-855-541-4654
• To request an accommodation by email, contact us at: email@example.com
* Please note: the dedicated email and telephonic options listed above are only for job seekers with disabilities requesting an accommodation. Please do not use the dedicated phone line or email box to check on the status of your job application.
If you do not find a position that matches your experience, please fill out our Job Agent profile. If we post a position that matches your skills you will be notified immediately via e-mail.
For quick and convenient job searches, access to our career site and other vital content, you need our jobs widget. It's yours for the taking.