Master Planner - Principal
I. BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Perform Program Management Office planning and scheduling tasks supporting assigned programs to ensure that program technical, cost and schedule performance objectives are systematically and consistently achieved and that company resources are effectively utilized in meeting contract and quality requirements.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Works with MPS functional management to forecast MP&S staffing requirements. Participates in interview process for hiring MP&S staff.
2. Recommends selection, implementation and maintenance of planning and scheduling tools.
3. Trains and assists program and proposal teams in preparation for planning sessions and is instrumental in the generation of the proposal and/or program schedule.
4. Leads program management teams in periodic program schedule development and updates, prepares reports for customer and/or Program Manager. Manages the status of program schedule performance against program goals. Analyses, recommends and implements, as appropriate, work-around or recovery plans in a proactive manner. Assists in managing major program phase reviews.
5. Develops critical path analysis in conformance with the Integrated Master Planning and Scheduling format.
6. Monitors program schedule performance and activities. Identifies trends, suggests corrective actions in a timely manner and supports implementation. Provides independent assessment of program schedule performance to program and senior BAE Management.
7. Analyzes the results of schedule risk assessments and optimizes the schedule to ensure low risk schedule performance. Independently evaluates program risks and status, including all related internal plans and schedules, and prepares planning related presentations and analyses of findings for review by business/technical organizations and customer.
8. Ensures that all schedules prepared are well structured and fully integrated with subcontractors and/or external suppliers. Coordinates the development of cost and schedule estimates required in a Request for Proposal (RFP) and in a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
9. Implements company Master Planning & Scheduling (MP&S) Dept. standards by conducting presentations, training and other informational sessions with IPT?s and program management personnel.
10. Implements MP&S guidelines and procedures that are consistent with company standards and requirements.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense, aerospace and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Support Solutions (S2) sector provides a wide range of products and services, including engineering, systems integration, ship repair, and readiness & sustainment for military and commercial customers throughout the product life cycle, anywhere around the world.
• Sustainment services to extend the viability of existing land and maritime platforms at home and in theater, while modernizing to meet evolving threats
• Experienced partner providing seamless, onsite management of military and government customer operations
• High-volume producer of protective and load-carrying gear for military personnel
People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require an accommodation to navigate our careers site or apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone or via email.
• To request an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1-855-541-4654
• To request an accommodation by email, contact us at: email@example.com
* Please note: the dedicated email and telephonic options listed above are only for job seekers with disabilities requesting an accommodation. Please do not use the dedicated phone line or email box to check on the status of your job application.
If you do not find a position that matches your experience, please fill out our Job Agent profile. If we post a position that matches your skills you will be notified immediately via e-mail.
For quick and convenient job searches, access to our career site and other vital content, you need our jobs widget. It's yours for the taking.